- 750 g clams
- 25 g fresh ginger (2 pieces of thumb-sized ginger), peeled and julienned
- 3 bird's eye chili (cili padi, deseeded and sliced
- White pepper (Suggestion: 1/8 tsp)
- Fine sea salt
- 1 - 2 tbsp Chinese Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 cups of ikan bilis stock or water
- CLEAN CLAMS: Place clams in a large mixing bowl. Pour in 4 cups (1 L) of water and 2 tbsp of salt. Place in the refrigerator and soak for a few hours. Pour out sandy water, rinse clams in a fresh pot of water, and drain. Repeat a few times until the water is clear.
- PREP: Peel and slice ginger into long, thin strips. Deseed cili padi and slice .
- FRY AROMATICS: Heat oil on medium fire. Stir-fry ginger, and chili until aromatic (1 minute).
- COOK CLAMS: Add clams and two cups of anchovies stock/water. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, turn off the heat. (~10 mins)
- SEASON: Season with white pepper, fine sea salt, and Chinese Shaoxing rice wine. Serve hot.