If you’re impressed by our thrawl-caught Wild King Prawns, these super fresh cast-net prawns will surprise you! Caught and packed within hours!
- Origin: Pontian / 产地：笨珍
- Wild Caught / 野生捕捞
- Shallow Sea Drift Netting / 浅海放网
- 100% Preservatives Free / 绝无防腐
- For best quality, consume within 3 months from purchase / 购买后3个月内食用，品质最佳
*Various sizes available (fewer pcs in a pack, large prawn sizes)
Salt and Pepper Prawns
2pounds large prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied (shell may be left on if desired)
1teaspoon ground white pepperCanola oil for deep-frying1/4cup minced green onions
2tablespoons minced ginger
3cloves garlic, minced
1 red Fresno chili, seeded and minced
1teaspoon five spice powder
1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt and white pepper and set aside. In another small bowl, combine the green onion, ginger, garlic, chili, and five spice powder. In a third small bowl, combine the remaining salt, sugar, and black pepper and set all aside.
2. Right before serving, fill a wok or deep pan with 3 inches of canola oil. Heat the oil over medium high heat to 375F on a deep-fry thermometer. Once the oil is ready, working in 2 batches, toss the prawns in the cornstarch mixture, shake off the excess and slide the prawns into the oil. Fry until light golden brown and until the shrimp just turns orange, 15 to 20 seconds. Use a wire skimmer to transfer the shrimp to a baking sheet double lined with paper towels. Allow the oil to reheat and fry the second batch.
3. Heat a separate wok or a large sauté pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and stir-fry the green onion and chili mixture until fragrant, several seconds. While continuously stirring, add the salt, sugar and black pepper mixture. Return the flash-fried shrimp to the pan stir-fry until the shrimp are well-coated with the spice seasoning and heated through. Transfer the shrimp to a warmed serving platter and serve immediately.