Grouper from Pontian has a unique sweet taste that cannot be found elsewhere. It has a mild flavour and a medium texture. It is suitable for many cooking methods such as braising, half fry, hot pot and steaming. Thanks to its texture, Grouper can absorb seasoning easily and it is an excellent dish to be served.
Chinese Name(s): 石斑
Local Name(s): Kerapu
Type: Wild Caught
Cooking Method: Braise / Half Fry Cook / Hot Pot / Steam
烹煮方式：焖煮 / 半煎 / 火锅 / 蒸
Weight Loss after cleaning (whole fish): –
Caution: Customized cutting is NOT available.
Storage: Keep frozen at -18°C. For best quality, consume within 3 months.
✅ 100% Preservative Free 绝无防腐
✅ Cleaned & Gutted 去鳞清内脏
✅ Vacuum Packed 真空包装
✅ Flash Frozen 急速冷冻
How To Make: Spring Onion Ginger Fish Fillets
- 400g fish fillets
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 15 slices of ginger, soaked in 1 tbsp of shaoxing wine
- 2 bunches of spring onion, cut into sections
- some cooking oil
- For the Fish Marinade:
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 4 tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp pepper
- For the Seasoning:
- 1½ tbsp oyster sauce
- ¾ tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp chicken powder
- dash of pepper
- 200ml water
- Corn Flour Thickening : 2 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
- Marinade the fish fillets with the marinade ingredients and set it aside in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat up some cooking oil till hot and blanch the marinated fish in the oil for approximately 1 minute.
- Drain the fish well and place them on paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Reserving one tbsp of cooking oil in the wok, add in the minced garlic, white parts of spring onion and the sliced ginger. Stir fried briefly till aromatic.
- Add in all the seasoning ingredients and allow it to simmer on low heat till it boils.
- Add in the corn flour thickening.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, add in the fish slices. Stir to mix well.
- Add the green parts of the spring onion and the shaoxing wine that’s used to soak the ginger. Stir briefly to mix and off the flame.
- Serve hot immediately with rice or congee.
Also Try: Teochew Fish Porridge