How To Make: Spring Onion Ginger Fish Fillets
- 400g fish fillets
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 15 slices of ginger, soaked in 1 tbsp of shaoxing wine
- 2 bunches of spring onion, cut into sections
- some cooking oil
- For the Fish Marinade:
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 4 tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp pepper
- For the Seasoning:
- 1½ tbsp oyster sauce
- ¾ tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp chicken powder
- dash of pepper
- 200ml water
- Corn Flour Thickening : 2 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
- Marinade the fish fillets with the marinade ingredients and set it aside in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat up some cooking oil till hot and blanch the marinated fish in the oil for approximately 1 minute.
- Drain the fish well and place them on paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Reserving one tbsp of cooking oil in the wok, add in the minced garlic, white parts of spring onion and the sliced ginger. Stir fried briefly till aromatic.
- Add in all the seasoning ingredients and allow it to simmer on low heat till it boils.
- Add in the corn flour thickening.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, add in the fish slices. Stir to mix well.
- Add the green parts of the spring onion and the shaoxing wine that’s used to soak the ginger. Stir briefly to mix and off the flame.
- Serve hot immediately with rice or congee.
Also Try: Teochew Fish Porridge