Spotted Spanish Mackerel 斑点马鲛
Spotted Spanish Mackerel (Tenggiri) from Pontian has a hint of sweet taste in its savoury flavour that is unique and cannot be found elsewhere. Spotted Spanish Mackerel is often associated and confused with Korean Seerfish (Tat Pan) and Spanish Mackerel (Batang). Despite similar appearances, their taste and flavours can be differentiated. Among the three, Spotted Spanish Mackerel is the richest in collagen. The fish is very popularly used in making local cuisines such as Yong Tau Hu and Otak-otak because of its tender texture. It is also suitable for hot pot, pan-fry, soup and porridge.
Chinese Name(s): 斑点马鲛
Local Name(s): Tenggiri
Type: Wild Caught
Cooking Method: Pan Fry / Soup / Hot Pot / Porridge
烹煮方式：煎炸 / 汤 / 火锅 / 粥
Weight Loss after cleaning (whole fish): 15-20%
Caution: Customized cutting is NOT available.
Storage: Keep frozen at -18°C. For best quality, consume within 3 months.
✅ 100% Preservative Free 绝无防腐
✅ Cleaned & Gutted 去鳞清内脏
✅ Vacuum Packed 真空包装
✅ Flash Frozen 急速冷冻
How To Make: Roasted Lemon & Herb Mackerel
- 2 whole mackerel, cleaned and gutted
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced and cut into half moons
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 5 sprigs oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups orzo, cooked and slightly cooled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- grated parmesan to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Use a sharp knife to carefully slice open a larger cavity from where the fish was gutted. Pat fish dry.
- Place the fish on a greased parchment-lined baking sheet. Score the fish along one side, and season the cavity and scored sections with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the scored sections with some thyme, oregano, and lemon slices. Then stuff the cavities with any remaining lemon slices and herbs.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden and the skin is lightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the pasta salad: in a bowl, combine cooked orzo, tomatoes, asparagus, capers, garlic, thyme, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Mix well and taste for seasoning.