Spotted Sicklefish 曹喜
Spotted Sicklefish from Pontian has a unique sweet flavour that cannot be found elsewhere. Spotted Sicklefish has a similar taste to pomfret. It has a tender texture with a more affordable price compared to the pomfret. Its meat is generally slightly muddy and should be cooked with seasonings. It is suitable for pan-frying and half-fried cooking with bean paste sauce.
Chinese Name(s): 曹喜
Local Name(s): Daun Baru
Type: Wild Caught
Cooking Method: Steam Half Fry Cook / Pan Fry
烹煮方式：半煎 / 煎炸
Weight Loss after cleaning (whole fish): 15-20%
Caution: Customized cutting is NOT available.
Storage: Keep frozen at -18°C. For best quality, consume within 3 months.
✅ 100% Preservative Free 绝无防腐
✅ Cleaned & Gutted 去鳞清内脏
✅ Vacuum Packed 真空包装
✅ Flash Frozen 急速冷冻
How To Make: Filipino Style Assam Fish (Singgang)
- 1 medium Red Onions (julienne)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- Few slices of Ginger
- 1 Lemongrass (slit in long halves)
- Few Bird Eye Chili (chili padi)
- 60gm Tamarind pulp soaked in 1 cup of water
- Few finger size Okra (locally known as Ladyfinger)
- One medium Sickle Fish
1) Boil the Tamarind juice, onion, garlic, chili, lemongrass, chili and ginger in a pot.
4) Switch off flame and cover pot. Let the heat cooked the fish for another 5mins.
Also Try: Braised Fish in Bean Paste Sauce