How To Make: Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 cups leftover steamed rice chilled in fridge overnight
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables defrost
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 heavy dashes ground white pepper or black pepper
- Salt to taste
Defrost the rice. Use the back of the spoon, gently break up the lumps. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat and cook the eggs first. Use the spatula to break the eggs into small pieces.
Reheat the wok or skillet with the remaining oil over high heat. Once the oil is heated, add the garlic and stir-fry until aromatic or slightly browned. Add the shrimp. Once the shrimp starts to cook, add the mixed vegetables and do a few quick stirs.
- Add the rice and stir-fry continuously. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and pepper and continue to stir fry until the shrimp are completely cooked and the rice are lightly toasted and well “fried.” Add the eggs, stir to combine well with the rice. Dish out and serve immediately.
Also Try: Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta