Fjord Salmon trout is an exclusive fish and the name for fresh farm raised trout from Norway.
Fjord trout is genetically a smaller fish than salmon and has shorter fibers in the meat compared to salmon. This means that the Fjord trout meat becomes a little tenderer, and more velvety. Fjord trout also has leaner meat than salmon and a strong red color.
Salmon Trouts are raised in cold, clear fjords in western Norway, and one of the hatcheries is located by Folgefonna glacier which is around 10 000 year old. For one year the fish swims around in crystal clear water from the glacier before it is transferred to nearby fjords where it enjoys a combination of salty water from the sea and fresh water from the glacier. Thus, it has earned its name; Fjord Trout – Kissed by a Glacier.
Norway’s Industry-Leading Aquaculture
Norwegian Fjord Trout is ocean–farmed in Norway’s natural fjords—where rivers formed by water from glaciers and melted snow filter into the sea creating a less-salty basin. This provides Norwegian Fjord Trout with a unique, clean taste.
Certified Norwegian Fjord Trout Must:
- Be raised in the cold, clear waters of Norway
- Weigh over 4.4 pounds
- Have marbled, deep red flesh
- Be packed as soon as slaughtered
- Be stored and transported with an unbroken cold chain (at 32°F–39.2°F) until delivery
Norwegian Fjord Trout Is Safe to Consume Raw
Norwegian Fjord Trout is exempt from the freezing requirement for fish (US Food Code section 3-402.11) because it is an aquacultured fish, raised in net-pens in open water and fed formulated feed.
Lerøy Fjord Trout complies with the highest Quality Standard for Norwegian Fjord Trout (NS-9412-2010).
Global G.A.P IFA Aquaculture certification is available.
Season: Lerøy Fjord Trout is available all year round.
How To Make: Salmon Egg Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- pack boneless salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g cooked white rice
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Mix the soy sauce and honey together and brush it all over the salmon. Line a small baking tray with foil and cover with 1 tbsp of the oil. Pop the salmon on the tray skin-side down and bake in the oven for 8-14 mins, depending on how well done you like it.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, chilli and spring onions and cook over a medium heat for 1 min. Now turn the heat up and add the eggs. Let them sizzle and set for a minute, then stir with a wooden spoon to break them up. Now add the rice and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring often, for 5 mins.
- When the salmon is ready, take it off the skin and flake it with a fork in the baking tray, mixing it with the caramelised soy and honey juices. Stir it through the rice and taste it – you may need to add a little bit of salt. The fish skin should be crispy, so if you like it, crumble it over the finished dish and serve immediately.
Also Try: Salmon Corn Sandwich
👨🍳Chef Andy 上线啦！今日料理是简单美味的🐟三文鱼三明治🥪~所使用的材料如🐟挪威三文鱼碎，🌽Nutrico白雪玉米，🥒日本小黄瓜，美乃滋及海盐，都能在Fresh At Heart门市买得到哦!📍 Fresh At…