How To Make: Salmon Sashimi Bowl with Avocado
For quick sushi rice
- 1 cup (180 milliliters) uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Japanese rice vinegar (or Chinese white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the bowl
- 200 grams (7 ounces) fresh raw salmon, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 5 pieces dried nori, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sushi soy sauce (or light soy sauce) or to taste
- (optional) pinch of wasabi
- (optional) pinch of toasted sesame for garnish
To make sushi rice
- Add rice and water into a rice cooker and cook according to instructions.
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir well until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- When rice is cooked, transfer to and spread over a large plate. Swirl in the vinegar mixture slowly and use a spatula to mix well.
- Let rice sit until cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
To assemble the bowl
- Add rice into a small bowl, top with salmon, avocado and dried nori. Serve with sushi soy sauce and wasabi.
- Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/8 teaspoon wasabi to a small dish, mix until wasabi is dissolved and blended into the soy sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce into the bowl according to taste and enjoy!
Also Try: Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Butter