How To Make: Sauteed Cobia with Capers & Tomatoes
- 1 Open Blue™ Cobia fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup yellow grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Splash dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Season both sides of the cobia with salt, pepper, and oregano. Salt and pepper is to taste, but just have a nice coating on either side.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cobia. Once cobia has formed a nice crust, about 3 minutes, flip and cook for an additional minute, or until other side of the cobia fillet has formed a crust and the fish is opaque throughout. Remove cobia from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes and capers. Saute together for a minutes, or until tomatoes just start to break down. Add wine and continue to cook and stir occasionally until wine has reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and add butter, swirling to allow butter to melt. Carefully pour mixture over cobia fillet.
- Sprinkle parsley over top and finish with the squeeze of lemon.
Also Try: Fish Fillet with Creamy White Sauce