For cod fish steaks, parts closer to the middle or tail usually have a much milkier flavour. Chilean cod fish live in the extreme cold waters near the Antarctic where the cod fish develop firm & succulent flesh, thanks to the clean water & icy cold environment. With its firm white flesh and high content of omega-3 fish oil, silver cod fish is considered the best among all white-fleshed fish. It became a popular baby-food choice among mothers due to its high nutrition and smooth texture. Fish Club only selects the best Chilean silver cod of high quality.
1. Don’t be alarmed if you find cod fish steaks looking yellowish with visible blood lines. As cod fish swim for a long time during its lifetime, it is possible that the fish might have injured itself at some point. As for the yellowish-looking cut area? It is simply a result of oxidation, which does not affect the freshness of the fish.
2. There are times when we have to provide our customers fish steaks in smaller sizes to make up to the weight. However, we guarantee that the fish steaks you receive are of the same high-quality cod fish.
3. 银鳕鱼为什么没有去除鳞片: 由于鳕鱼是生活在深海中， 所以出海捕获到回岸需要较长长的时间。为了保持鳕鱼最佳的品质，捕捞上船后就会立即进行简单的处理并急速冷冻。
How To Make: Greek Style Baked Cod
- 1.5 lb Cod fillet pieces (4–6 pieces)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl. Set aside
- In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper. Set next to the lemon juice mixture.
- Pat fish fillet dry. Dip fish in the lemon juice mixture then dip in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat (watch the oil to be sure it is sizzling but not smoking). Add fish and sear on each side to give it some color, but do not fully cook (about a couple minutes on each side) Remove from heat.
- To the remaining lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and mix. Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
- Bake in the heated oven for until it begins to flake easily with a fork (10 minutes should do it, but begin checking earlier). Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Serving suggestions: Serve immediately with Lebanese rice and this Mediterranean chickpea salad or this traditional Greek salad.
Also Try: Spanish Cod with Tomato Sauce